The 'Trope' that Gets Me "Committed" to a TV-Show: The #ScoobyGang (like the one in @MARVELsRunaways, #BuffyTheVampireSlayer @BuffyTVS, @Avengers, @LibrariansTNT, etc.) @WellKeptWallet @hulu @Quora @Ecosia @Bing


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


That's what I realized when I started watching the series on hulu.

That group-category (below-hyperlinked to your opportunity to begin watching MARVEL'S RUNAWAYS and many other series on hulu) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The group-title “Scooby Gang” is taken from the old cartoon-series Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? (and various other 'Scooby'-cartoons) that featured a Group of Youngsters who Fight Evil, along with an almost-Talking |Great Dane named Scooby-Doo
#ScoobyDoo #Scooby #Scoob #Scoobination #Scoobification #Scoobify
That name is built on a Scat-phrase in Frank Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night."

I first heard the name applied (beyond 'Scooby-Doo') to 'The Scooby Gang' of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and 'searching the web' confirms it ... I search for 'Scooby Gang,' and the only results I see (other than 'the original Scooby Gang) are in reference to the group made up of Buffy (played by an actress who also played a member of 'the original Scooby Gang' in a live-action adaptation), Xander, Willow, Buffy's "sister" Dawn, Willow's girlfriend, Rupert Giles, Cordelia, Angel, Daniel, Faith, Anya, Spike (portrayed by the actor who portrays one of 'The Runaways'' parents), Riley, Andrew).


 a description of Buffy's team ... almost as if the previous
 'groups of adventurers' hadn't existed as anything but 'another
 group of trouble-makers' 👀

I haven't actually heard it applied to any of 'the other groups I mention in the subject-line,' but I think the name fits them well ... especially with MARVEL'S RUNAWAYS, which features two-or-three generations (or more ... I've only seen the first 'major story-arc') of Scooby-gangs—the group of kids who run away when they see the horrible stuff being done by Their Parents, who were tricked into forming a team by the leader of The Aliens (whose back-story I don't know enough of to say whether they're 'a Team that Fights Evil').
Now that I think of it, 'Scooby Gangs' are the usual feature in adventure-'series-es' I like. (I know 'series' is also the plural; but ... you know what I mean ...) I mean; besides Buffy's 'Slayer-cipleship,' MARVEL'S RUNAWAYS, and the 'original' Scooby Gang (tho I don't remember if they ever called themselves 'the Scooby Gang,' or if anybody on the show or in the media ever called them that during the show's years) there's


And then there are casts that aren't really in a 'fight against evil' (unless you wanna look at their 'struggle trying to overcome life'):

  • F*R*I*E*N*D*S
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • how i met your mother
  • I Love Lucy
  • The Conners
    • and of course its mother Roseanne
  • Cheers
  • Happy Days
  • The Andy Griffith Show

Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments