@Alanis Morrisette tells @CbsSunday Morning, 'No, No It's NOT #Ironic; it's just "Disappointing" (and maybe a little bit "Oddly Coincidental")' | @JKCorden


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


Her song was practically "The Anthem of the 1990's." And–as you probably won't notice unless you're trying to see it (or if you know the definition of "Irony" about as well as I hope to when I look it up)–none of the conditions Alanis Morrisette's song describes fit 'the definition of "Ironic"':

(When I saw 'Alanis Morrisette NOW' on the CBS
 Sunday Morning interview, I didn't even recognize
 her! She has had children and ... well, look:
And she's even more mature in the interview!
In the back of my mind I was saying–probably something
 I shouldn't say, as it might make you think I'm some sort
 of woman-objectifying goon–"Hmm, she really 'mommed
out' ...")

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to CBS Sunday Morning's update on Alanis & the Broadway Musical based on her songs) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Ironic” is built on words that mean “Dissimulation, Assumed Ignorance” (possibly related to "to Speak" (Verb ... possibly the root of (the first syllable of) Werewolf?)

She & James Corden "updated" the song ... not with 'the right word' (disappointing) or 'a new word' (mostly just shortening 'disappointing' to something like "Despontic"), but rather changing 'the various disappointments' to more modern things (like "Swiping Left" and 'deleting a good Snapchat' etc.)


Or am I looking at that wrong (or 'wrongly' 🤓)? Tell
 me how-wrong/right I am in the comments below 😁

Comments