Sometimes I Feel like Such a #Symbiote (of @StargateLegend ) @YouVersion @NYtimes #Symbiosis #Symbiotic #Symbionese


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


You know the Symbiotes from STARGATE (the science-fiction adventure about the interplanetary battles Earth joined when we discovered an ancient artifact that opened wormholes to distant planets). The Symbiotes are wormlike lizards that live within hosts (usually human), extending the host's life (usually by acting as a more-intelligent immune-system).

But–despite all the amazing things the symbiotes make possible for their hosts–they are really relatively useless without their hosts—voiceless worms, unable to even express themselves unless they 'take command of another body.'

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to my post about 'the influence that the STARGATE franchise has had on me personally') is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Symbiote” is a word STARGATE-writers invented based on "Symbiotic, Symbiosis," which are built on words that mean “Together + Life” (Marriage was/is regarded as 'Symbiotic,' the Partners 'Depending on one-another to their Mutual Benefit' ... STARGATE's writers might also have been influenced by "Symbionese," a word from the name of a 'social revolution'-group in the mid-Seventies).

But today, many frown-upon the 'symbiotic' aspect of marriage—the idea being that–despite its many benefits to the married couple & to society-at-large–its more of 'a burden' (e.g. "the ball-&-chain," having to ask for 'permission' to do things you were once at-liberty to do whenever you pleased (usually 'to be in one place when you were expected to be in another' or 'to go have fun when there's still a list of chores you have to finish')).

Personally, I feel powerless without a wife (not to say I know I'd feel more powerful with a wife–never having been married–but ...)

I think of Lord Jesus Christ's 'parable' about "not sitting up at the head of the table until you are called-upon by The Host." I don't know if I've ever heard that applied to "marriage" (except maybe a few times the preacher called the banquet 'a marriage-feast'); but you can see how it might apply. 

Take for example President Donald Trump's eldest daughter Ivanka's husband Jared Kushner. I'm sure he's a worthy negotiator, but he might not have gotten the opportunity to work for The United States if he had not been 'a Symbiote to the Host'!


Or am I looking at that wrong (or 'wrongly' 🤓)? Tell
 me how-wrong/right I am in the comments below 😁
(left to right) some guy, Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump Kushner, and Donald Trump

Comments