Does Anyone "Own" #Hubbard? (related to #Hubert) | @Microsoft @OurBabyNamer @NameTests_com @Ecosia @TheBizJournal @OhioHistory

hmm: the coat-of-arms below (nevermind 'who owns the name' for a minute) says the name means "Love, |Purity, |Courage of an Old- & Respected |Lineage, and a |Reputation of Wisdom" (but don't the Facebook "personality analysis programs" say that about every profile?)


 What does the name itself indicate?

The name “Hubbard” is related to “Hubert,” built on ancient words that mean " |Bright Heart/Mind."

Before I 're-search' the current "ownership" of Hubbard, I'll start with 'what I think I know': ... (and I sit here blankly staring at the screen until I remember how to think stuff) ...

Nothing anyone says about 'Hubbard' applies to anyone reading this unless their speech is accompanied by 'a first- (and maybe middle-) name and all the needed identifications (in case--as with a fellow-student at my high-school decades ago--the names are so similar that you need more info to tell us apart'

---e.g. I am Hubbard; but my Mother has not necessarily gone "to the cupboard" (interesting how 'Hubbard' & 'cupboard' rhyme), nor does she own a bar-franchise in Ireland; neither am I in a huge conflict with the Psychiatric Industry. 

And--even if someone does own 'the rights to that name'--neither I nor any other 'Hubbard's need to change their name, nor do I need to stop mentioning it!

No, the most-valuable form of 'name-ownership' I'm thinking-of is "who/what you think of when you hear that name"---I think most people (certainly people who ever liked nursery-rhymes when they were children) think of Old Mother Hubbard.

And then (with their worldwide publications & the celebrities involved (those still in the Church of Scientology & those rebelling against it), there's the writer (of Dianetics & -of the textbooks of Scientology) L. Ron Hubbard.

My mother actually went to Mother Hubbard's pub in Ireland ... so there's that ...

The top result I got on my 're-search' led me to a story about a Music-store named after the town it's in---Hubbard, Ohio, named for Nehemiah Hubbard (its first owner after English colonization).

Comments