Learning to #Whistle - @nbcSNL (#SaturdayNightLive) #ToHaveAndHaveNot @theRogerMiller #Whistling

I was thinking today, "How do people learn to whistle?" And–before I remembered/imagined 'the actual learning-process'–I remembered the famous instructions given in the movie To Have & Have Not, and then quickly remembered 'the reason those instructions don't tell you much' (a reason excellently portrayed by the SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE players):

Although "pucker up and blow" is 'essentially what you do' once you've learned to whistle, it might be better to tell new whistlers 'hold your lips & your tongue in a certain way so that you whistle when you breathe out.' And they'll play around with that in their spare-time.

(I'm sure there are professors & trainers who have analyzed the whole process and can teach you how it all works; but I've never taken any of those classes, and my whistling-skills are adequate.)


The word “Whistle” carries the 'Imitative' scent (it's the word "a whistle" Sounds-like ... similar to Whisper, Hiss).


Comments