#Votive #Votives (#VotiveCandles #VotiveCeremonies) #Vow #Vowed #Vowing

I have 'aphasia,' a symptom of my Traumatic Brain-Injury (and/or a usual human failing that accompanies 'getting old') where I forget "the exact word I'm thinking-of." One occurrence of my aphasia was when I was thinking of the title of a new blog ... I wanted it to be like an obituary, but one for people who aren't 'dead' yet (who're still breathing etc.)

I thought of 'those shelves of candles that Catholics light in memory of their passed-away relatives,' but I couldn't remember that they're called "Votive Candles."

To avoid 'seeming like I'm "worshiping" the beloved deceased,' I figured I ought to try to find the words I'm looking-for—'Bing'-ing "objects in a catholic church memorial candles," and finding/remembering that the phrase I was looking-for was 'Votive Candles in a Bye-Altar.'

I think "those words" are important, because there is 'scandal' over some misinterpretations of Catholics' use of the candles. They don't "strengthen the signal-connection between the candle-lighter & their Heavenly Father."


The word “Votive (dedicated or given in fulfillment of a Vow)” carries the scent of “to Speak Solemnly, Preach” (one who Offers a Sacrifice, Wish, I Pray, |Engagement to Devote or Bind).


Comments