@UsaToday story(s) on the #MegaMillions Lottery (6/13/23, et al) ... I'm Sure You're a Winner, but does the Lottery Agree? ;-)

|That word| piqued my curiosity; so I found out a little more about it and share my findings with you below (and I link to the topic that brought the word up, and might discuss it beneath (and/or you might start a discussion in the comments)).

The word/game-name |Mega Millions| is built of the prefix #Mega- and the word Million. The prefix |Mega-| is built on the proto-word *meg- "Great" (spelled #Meg- before vowels ... in physics, denotes "one-Million |Times the prefixed Unit" e.g. #Megahertz #Megaton #Megavolt ...).

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

see How You Can Play to Win YOUR Mega Millions

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments