#ReadersCommunity: #RachelMaddow @Maddow recommends #AmericanPsychosis (the book by @DavidCornDC, not necessarily the #Psychosis a.k.a. #MAGApublicanism)

BookShop offers American Psychosis: A Historical Investigation of How the Republican Party Went Crazy on a page you can access through 'the emboldened link(s)' below; but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Psychosis” is built on ancient words that mean "Mind, Life, Soul (see Psyche)" & the suffix #osis (meaning "Abnormal Condition")---though the Greeks had a similar word that means "a Giving- or Principle of Life, Animation" 🤔
#Psychotic #Psycho- #Psychotically

I want to differentiate between "Republicans" & 'MAGApublicanism' (portmanteau of former-President Donald Trump's initial campaign slogan MAGA and Republican (the name of the party he pirated)), because the latter is more like 'a Religion' than 'a Set of Political Opinions.'

#MAGApublican #MAGApublicans

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


"[Corn is] a great journalist. I love the way he thinks. I love the way he writes. I'm so glad he's done a super-readable, modern history of the right...We just need smart, digestible history about this stuff right now...[AMERICAN PSYCHOSIS] is perfectly timed...Relevant history for where we are right now." --Rachel Maddow, host, The Rachel Maddow Show

I think I'll discuss 'my position with respect to politics' in a paying international forum you can join for free, but I might want to "organize my thoughts" here first.

I am registered Independent (I probably lean to the Right, maybe Libertarian ... but I'm fairly sure that 'leaning' is a choice I Independently make every day).

If I had to choose Democrat-or-Republican, I think I'd choose Republican because a) our government is a 'Republican system' (not necessarily 'the group with the conservative values'-form of "Republican," but literally 'a Federation of Republics---Re-Publics, groups of people that each elect a few people to make all the decision for the groups'),

b) the general idea of 'being united in a shared opinion' (whatever "differing opinions" we may have ... a good reason to join a church even though you're a skeptic, agnostic, &/or atheist)---the way an armored minority can withstand the disorganized rally-of-stings from a majority swarm---reminds me of a quote attributed to Ben Franklin,

and c) I think my father was a Republican---not necessarily 'a redeeming quality,' but--my mother being a Democrat--I think their marriage 1) WAS a good example of 'unity despite opinion-difference' & 2) IS (ending in divorce) a good warning of what happens when the goals differ.






Comments