#EtyClearing the #Lectoverse | @Scientology #ScientologyCourses @ScientologyAUS | #EtyClear #Lectoversal #EtyClears #Lectoverses #EtyClearing #EtyCleared

I'll explain those 'coinings' in a second. First I find 'the group of words' that couch "the coinings' base-words" (below hyperlinked to a FREE course on Scientology's 'Word-Clearing') into your vocabulary ... deeper meanings that 'firm the foundations' upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “EtyClear” is a coining that combines Etymology & Clear (from the Scientology-use of the word I'll explain below). 
The word "Lectoverse" is a coining that combines #Lexicon (or maybe #Lexico- #Lexicographer #Lexicography #Lexicographic #Lexicographically #Lexical #Lexicology #Lector #Lectory #Lectern or Lecture/Lecturer) & Universe
The "Lexico-/Lecto-" words are all built on ancient words that mean "to |Collect, |Gather" (although I take most of the 'Lect-' ones from one of my roles in the Catholic Church).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


I've been 'doing my etymology-reports' (what I'm now calling 'Etyclearing') on Scientology-words since I started watching Leah Remini's anti-Scientology docuseries (originally airing on A&E ... I saw it broadcast on NETFLIX).

That series inspired me to 'Etyclear' all the Scientology-words I could find---starting with 'words from The Bridge to Total Freedom.' One of those words was "Rundown." And one of Scientology's big Rundowns is 'the Word-Clearing Rundown.'

They describe 'Clearing' as "the action of making something free of confusion or uncertainty," making 'Word Clearing' "the methods or ways-and-actions of finding and getting-rid-of the lack of knowledge, the misunderstanding and the false understanding of words and anything that blocks their use."

The 'Word Clearing'-process (described in more detail at the link above) involves 'a rule of Scientology' that requires them--every time they come across a word they do not understand--to STOP reading, FIND the definition of the word they don't know, and THEN continue to read; but "the Word-Clearing Rundown" (done with a couple thousand words---including small words like "to, a, it, at, etc.") is basically 'just looking up the word in a dictionary and using it in a sentence.'

'What I've been doing' (looking up the etymology of each word I want to 'clear,' and post it---linking to any of the roots I've 'cleared' beforehand) is not so-much 'required action before proceeding to-watch footage that uses the word or -read content that uses the word,' 

... but it's more like "exercise that makes you (and all my readers & other writers/commenters) more 'fluid' in understanding" (kind of like the way the most-advanced musicians will continue to do 'basic warm-ups (scales, arpeggios, etc.)' before every performance).

Gaining/reviewing your understanding of the words we 'Etyclear' here, you further expand your 'map of the areas you discuss'---the "universe" in your mind.

Looking up some of those 'Lec-' etymologies, I came across a couple interesting words:
|Lecanomancy (showing me a possible deep-deep root of the 'Lec'-words), |LectioDiffcilor (describing 'why I like Shepherd's Chapel's practice of applying Hebrew-meaning to the Scripture they study Chapter-by-Chapter & Verse-by-Verse')

Comments