Are the Dead "Destroyed," or Do They #PassAway? Make Up Your Mind! | #BibleHub @prayerDotOrg @Bing @ThirdHour_ | #Pass #Passing #Passes #Passed #HallPass #PressPass #PassitOn

I'll discuss 'this debate' below. But what's important here is 'the words hyperlinked below'--words that make sense because they're connected to other words you know better, built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Pass” (whether it's 'the Permission Slip' or 'the Travelling verb' or 'the Path through the Mountains') is built on ancient words that mean "to |Spread." 
also #Password #PasserBy #PassOut #Passible #Underpass #FreePass

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


The title-question comes to mind when I think of 'that word' (above-hyperlinked to my sharing of a 'VICTORY Ministries'-Partners Letter, in which Brother Ken encourages us to "pass it on!")

That question ... my 'knowing that question' 😕 is the reason why it's usually not good for me to go to funerals—I would go if 'the deceased' were a person whom my brain needed to be "convinced" was gone (if they were a part of my life that my brain would be 'expecting to come back soon,' keeping me from adjusting my life (to go on without them) unless I 'settle it' that they're not coming back).

What's the difference between them being 'destroyed' (and thus no longer existing) and -them being 'passed away' (and thus no longer present)? ... probably no difference at all, except theologically.


See, when I was a twenty-something I sort-of obsessed over the three objects in the KJV-Genesis "creation-of-man":
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
that's The Body (formed of the dust of the ground), The
Spirit (literally 'the breath of God), making The Soul
the combination of the two.

But (as you can see at the 'translation' hyperlinked
 above), the word translated 'soul' might be better-
translated "Being."

But somehow 'the world' (in this case, 'most of the people on social-media' ... and as I was reminded by a majority of the pictures I saw while looking for 'body plus spirit equals soul') is led to believe that 'spirit' & 'soul' are separate things. "Latter-Day Saints"-followers clarify this definition as ... sorta 'the way it works differently after you die'---the way 'making money' means something to adults that is different than children would understand it.

I think of that when people tell themselves (mostly 'as they were told when they were children' & 'as they tell their children when mourning the deceased') that "you go somewhere else (to Heaven, to Hell, to Purgatory, etc.) when you die."

At funerals, that false narrative is usually the one underpinning the ceremony---they're not 'mourning the deceased' so much as they're 'sending them away forever.'

Again, I don't suppose the difference matters much ... it's just something you've got to understand; that the people who assure you that they know 'these things' (where The Spirit goes when it leaves The Body, what beliefs make you worthy of Paradise, etc.) aren't lying--like Annie "Starlight" claims they are in her speech at The Believe! Expo--but they're 'going along with the story that makes people most-comfortable with their eventual doom.'

Comments