#Kansk, Russia | @Bing @Wikipedia @Britannica

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to a list of cities on the Russian leg of the Solitaire 2020 world-tour) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Kansk” is built on ancient words that mean "the |City on the #Kan River." 
The name "Kan" (also #Gan, #Jiangxi) is built on ancient words that mean "the |Circuit of |Western #Jiangnan." 
The name "Jiangnan" is built on ancient words that mean "Just |South of the |River."

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Those roots took a little 'hunting' to find. First, The Search-Engine led me to Wikipedia, which told me that the city's named after the river (which had a few alternate spellings). A search on one of those spellings led me to an informative report that still wasn't exactly what I was looking-for.

So I asked the search-engine Who named the Gan River? and that tells me it's an abbreviation for an alternate spelling of Jiangxi.

Comments