My Future Marriage requires a #Shift in Focus (from 'My Little Struggle' to 'All-Creation's Journey') before I React @WikiHow


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.

I'm single, because ... a buncha reasons the gal isn't supposed to find out about until after you're married (I'll tell you about below The Word*).


A gal should marry me because ... a gal should marry me because ... because ... because-because-because-because Becau----se ...

No. When a gal marries me, it will be a work of her Divine Grace (i.e. a sacrifice that I will strive to be worthy-of—mostly by distracting her so well that she doesn't even know what she's giving up to be with me!)



What do people get married for anyway? I know you've probably convinced yourself it's "when two people love each other very much ... etc." But that's sort of the cover-story—what you tell kids is happening (when it's really something much more practical ... partners to share the property debt-load, -to help bear-&-raise children and/or -to inspire one another to live better lives).

I'm not married, because–aside from the reasons I'll discuss below The Word–I don't remember to shift focus from 'those reasons' to 'the reasons a gal should marry me!' (Truth is: I don't rightly know many reasons-why a gal should marry me ... I'm gonna write 'many reasons-why a gal should marry me' over-and-over-again and maybe one'll come to mind ...)

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to a WikiHow article that won't quite work for me (but might inspire possible strategy I could use)) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Shift” is built on the same Foundation as words that mean “to Divide, Change, Separate, Decide, Determine, Test, Turn, Classify, Shed, Dispose, Make Ready, Set in Order, Control, Take Care of Oneself, Go, Move, Depart, Transport, Alter”

But 'My Little Struggle'? I'm single the way Natasha Bedingfield sang about: "I know I'll settle down one day, But 'til then I like it this way ... Make your move if you want, Doesn't mean I will or won't."

I've hoped for 'a woman who will ask me to marry her,' but I'm seeing now why I shouldn't expect one to—because I'm not convenient.

The way (it seems) most guys & gals get together and get married: each person goes out (either to work or to have fun), and they meet each other & notice that their work/fun is made-better when the other person is involved (either directly (as 'someone out there with them') or indirectly (as 'someone whom the other can come home-to')).

But that first meeting isn't 'planned' so-much-as 'the partners just happen to be there.' And I don't do that enough—at least 'in no capacity suitable for meeting a romantic partner.'

I can only think of two ways that people meet romantically: 'at a bar/club,' or 'anywhere in their daily lives, where one asks the other out.' Traditionally, the guy asks the gal out. I don't have that kind of income, so I would need a non-traditional gal.

WikiHow offers suggestions on 'How to Get a Girl to Ask You Out' (linked above), but those suggestions assume that you are 'active in her community' and 'can be where she is when she's out & looking for a possible companion.'

And–while I would be as-excellent-a-companion as any other guy–I 1) am not able to get to the public places where we would meet & 2) would be more hassle than I'm worth (like a toddler ... I can't think of anything I would bring to the relationship (outside the bedroom) that the gal doesn't already have).



*Speaking of "The Word"; why doesn't The Bible tell us any of the difficulty of dating-and/or-courting? Oh, I'm sure Christians can point to lots of places where The Bible says the process is hard (e.g. when Isaac promised his future father-in-law 7 years' hard labor in exchange for the woman he wanted to marry, but had to do 14 years and had to marry her older sister too!)

But I think of Adam ... According to Genesis, he just had to meet her & say, "Hey! You are mine!" and they were married.

And why didn't Jesus get married? Christians might say He "was married to the entire church," but do you ever see Him making that announcement during His life?





Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments