#LegendOf #Stargate: Like an Uncle to Me @StargateCommand @StargateDaily @SGFansUnited @PopCastGuys #katspace


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


I was 13 when STARGATE premiered. It features 'a cunning scholar of linguistics'—along with the Indiana Jones movies (featuring 'a cunning scholar of archaeology'), STARGATE was a big encouragement to "go after an education."

A few years after that (and after 'the incident that took away the "going after an education"-option'), the rest of the franchise launched.

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to my post on 'entertainments that built my personality') is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

 
The word “Stargate” (which Daniel tranlated when he recognized it was in Cuneiform & not exactly Hieroglyphics) is built on 'the symbols above' (which one might take to mean "Lights in the Heavens (Stars) + Gate to the- (to be Opened so the Lowly Being can Proceed along the Pathway)").
Looking for the symbology above, I found lots of sites:


That movie led to STARGATE SG-1, STARGATE ATLANTIS (which I have 'lined-up in my queue,' but which I don't think I'm going to start watching until it's introduced in my 'old-school binge' of SG-1 ... when–I'm told–I should watch it intermittently with the rest of SG-1) another couple STARGATE-movies (THE ARK OF TRUTH and CONTINUUM), and the series STARGATE UNIVERSE ...

The Characters that Move the Legendarium for me:
  • Humans (a.k.a. the Tau'ri)
    • Doctor Daniel Jackson - the cunning linguist (ha-ha 'cunning linguist')
    • Jack O'Neill - military official originally tapped for the 'stargate'-program (they might've called it the 'doorway to heaven'-program before Dr. Jackson corrected the translation)
    • Samantha Carter
      • and other SG teams made up of humans
    • General West - head of the secret government-program
    • General Hammond - taking over for General West
    • Sha'uri (or Sha're) - the Abydosian slave whom Daniel meets & marries, who is captured by Apophis & made the Host of a Goa'uld Symbiote
    • Doctor Janet Frasier - if this were a Starfleet vehicle, she'd be "Chief Medical Officer" (Dr. Crusher, eat your heart out!) ... maybe that is what the SGC calls her.
    • Gate-Technician Gary Jones (The Chevron Guy)
  • Host-borne Symbiotes (Goa'uld/Jaffa/Tok'ra ... Ancients? Ori?) (I'm still 'old-school bingeing' STARGATE SG-1 (maybe an episode every few days))
    • Ra - Symbiote who discovered that humans' bodies were so easy to repair & so decided to make a human his Host and to use his powers to make other humans worship-&-serve him & his fellow System Lords
    • Teal'c - a Jaffa whom SG-1 turned against his Goa'uld overlord ...
    • Apophis
    • ... Thor? (an Ancient who adopted/originated the hero of Norse mythology)
  • The Worlds I can recall
    • Earth (STAR TREK calls it Terra or the Terran system; I don't know if STARGATE SG-1 calls it 'the Taurian system,' but they do call us "the Tau'ri")
    • Abydos - the desert-planet featured (tho I'm not sure if they ever said 'that name' in the movie) in the movie
    • Chulak - the world where the Jaffa rebellion started with Teal'c & his colleague's rebellion against their overlord Apophis
(BTW, the correct spelling might be "Cartouche"; but maybe 'its text
 on a chalkboard' actually is spelled "Kartush" ^:)^ )



Or am I looking at that wrong (or 'wrongly' 🤓)? Tell
 me how-wrong/right I am in the comments below 😁

Comments