Another 'Elder' ("Former"-Elder?) to #Obitiate ... #Obituary #Obituaries #Obits

I'll talk about 'exactly who it is' on the blog linked below, but first ...

I guess my 'obits'-blog is more of a "votary (rack of votive-candles) for the dead and the living." ('Votaries' are those racks of candles in churches that Catholic 'survive-ers' (relatives of the dearly departed ... as opposed to 'what ex-Catholics might call themselves') set aflame in remembrance of the dead souls.)

Because I'm not quite sure whether all the people 'obitiated' there are "dead." Like I commonly say:
We don't go to funerals to resurrect the dead!
I'll probably write more about "Funerals" later, but the point is (I think) that 'funerals are more like "farewell-parties for those who now Rest-In-Peace."'

The 'obitiated' people are ... I call them 'obitiated' there & not 'biographed' (although I'll probably do some 'biographing' for each 'obit'—including some birth-, death-, and 'major events in between'-info about each of the 'obitted' individuals), because we don't appreciate them so-much as "that they are people who live and are going through the things" so much as we appreciate "that they happened and that they are finished with the things" ...

It's perspective, I guess. St. Paul doesn't praise יהוה for 'the good-start' or 'the steady pace of the marathon' as much as he praises יהוה for his having "finished the race."

The word “Obituary” is built on “Toward + to Go” (to Meet, Encounter, Latin Euphemism for "Death").




You know something about that word-history that
 I don't mention (and that probably isn't mentioned
 below)? 'Fill us in on it'- or just tell me what you
 think (or ask me about something in this- or another-
word that confuses you) with a comment below,

And Subscribe by Email to keep up with the new
 things we (any comment-makers & I) are learning &
 sharing here.

Comments