#IfYouSeeSomethingSAYsomething? That's a Start, but it SHOULD be 'If You See Something, #Prosecute! @HasanMinhaj @HuffPost


The word “Prosecute” is built on words that mean “|Forward (|Pro-) + to |Follow” (|Bring |Legal |Action to a |Court-of-|Law). #Prosecution #Prosecutor 

So of-course I don't mean 'unload the full force of your legal procedure' when I say "Prosecute"; I mean 'something closer to the bedrock-meaning'---I mean 'You see that something's wrong? You need to see to it that something gets done about it (Follow through!)' 

I'm tempted to change "the saying" to 'You see something, Do something,' but you can hardly ever undo things you've done. That's why "If you see something, Say something." is a good start; but 'what the saying doesn't tell us' is that you've got to keep-saying something & -advising action & -hearing reaction & -weighing cause-&-effect to -edit your advice (adjusting for possible misjudgment) & -speaking again until the 'something you've seen' is properly dealt-with.

I try to find something online saying 'what to do when you see police-brutality going on' 

(e.g. Hasan (at the video linked above) talks about 'the three other police-officers keeping citizens away' and 'the shop-owner who just sat there & watched' and 'the clerk who originally called the cops to deal with George Floyd' ... 

(I don't even know which of those were operating the camera; or Was that a totally different person---

(but he doesn't say 'who should've done what instead!' 😕)

I think--in the situation with George Floyd--the cops that were there Held Authority---the one cop decided that he needed to strangle Mr. Floyd, the other cops there agreed 'in tacit' (by not stopping the first cop). The citizens who saw this were stopped by the cops' authority.

And the best I can find is a buncha that 'contact your representative & mayor & city-council member & legal-defense fund, and vote for civil minded official'-type advice; and I'm thinking, 'Yeah; but if I do that in reaction to "cops beating a man to death," THE MAN STILL DIES!

If that man dies, and I didn't try to stop the murder; I AM GUILTY OF THAT MURDER!     Not because I "want" to be guilty of it, but 'by tacit.'

Comments