#Exercise for the ... I Don't Want to Say "Lazy"---Maybe 'the Less-Active' @OUHSC @NAIDW @OUHSC_Community

A Traumatic Brain-Injury survivor, I occasionally visit Therapist-classes as a model-patient (so they can get some practice applying some of the therapy-techniques they've learned).

At a recent visit, I told the students how–approaching my 'middle-ages' ('middle-age-ed-ness?')–I've settled into a less-active lifestyle—rather than walk/running around the track/neighborhood and then heading to a gym to pump iron, do push-ups & pull-ups and then jump in the pool & swim a few laps, I walk from my bed to my desktop-computer, take occasional bathroom-breaks, walk to the kitchen for breakfast & lunch and take a nap whenever I feel like it.

But–knowing how-important it is to exercise as much as possible–they gave me a few exercises I could do in-between activities on my 'extremely-busy' schedule ...


The word “Exercise” is built on words that mean |Off + to Keep Away, |Enclose, Contain, Prevent, |Hold, |Guard (see |Arcane) (to keep |Busy).


The main exercise I remember is 'to sit-&-stand 10 times in a row whenever I come back to the desktop-computer.'

They also showed me a few things to do occasionally: some stretches with my cane once-a-day (before I first sit at the desktop-computer), some marching-while-seated & some arm-movements (like a drum-major) to do about once an hour, some 'weight-lifting' (a bag full of books) to do before my usual nap.

And why do I do (at least basic, simple) exercises?

Comments