#Eggs #Egg

At my nearest Walmart Grocery, they sell (if you know where to find it ... near the deli-section, where they display some sandwiches, coleslaw, potato-salad, pre-topped pizza—just in front of the produce-section) hard-boiled, peeled eggs in packs-of-six & packs-of-two.

In order to get 'the right amount of Egg in my diet,' I took to buying myself a six-pack or so a week. But then I saw an article on hard-boiled eggs that told me 'hard-boiled eggs go bad practically-the-day you peel them'—I'm sure they keep it clean before they seal it in plastic, and the article (linked at the 'built' word below) gives some tips on keeping the peeled egg fresh a little longer; but still! ...

... I need to start buying them in packs-of-two! Sure, that means 'buying a pair of eggs almost every time I shop (twice a week); but they'll be 67% cheaper, so it balances out.


The word “Egg” is built on “|Bird” (the verb–meaning "to Goad on, Incite"–is actually built on " |Edge"). 


I saw a few days ago CNN reporting (echoed by CBS Sunday MorningUS News & World Reports & several other 'news sources'**) that eating more than 3-eggs-per-week could put you at risk of heart-disease.


Looking through those other sources, one gets my attention; it reports that 'eating one-egg-per-day could lower your risk of heart-disease!'

I don't think I'm going to read all the specifics of those studies (particularly when CBS NEWS also reports (albeit a post from 8 years ago) that eggs are lower-in-cholesterol than was originally thought and are high in Vitamin D)–you can read the sources linked-above to suss out the truth–because none of them seem to deal with 'the whole diet' (except for the paragraph at the end of the CBSSM-story, which explains that moderation is the key, and suggests a Mediterranian diet*). 



* As the other diet-articles might say-in-closing as well, I suppose ...
** 'News sources' meaning–in this day & age–'anyone who can report anything new on this globally available medium.'

Comments