#Allotting More Time to #NewsBroadcasts, I Feel We #Allot too much Time to "Weather" | @natwxdesk

Oh, meteorology is still an honorable pursuit; but--a lot like my current pursuit (etymology)--I don't expect we want to know much about 'how meteorologists arrive at the conclusions they report to us (estimated temperature, possibly the heat-index, and the chance of precipitation).

That comes up in some writing I do beneath 'the emboldened link(s)' below (connected to THE NATIONAL DESK's WEATHER, I think); but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Allot” is built on ancient words that mean "to #Lot To." The word “Lot” is built on ancient words that mean "what Falls to a person (by Coin-Flip, |Dice-Roll, Straw-Drawing, #Lottery or other Lucky-|Chance)" (a 'grain' that's also beneath words that mean "a Share (of Land), to Cast #Lots, |Obtain by Lot, |Foretell, #Lotto"). 
The word came to mean '|Parcel of Land' because "Distribution of the most desirable properties in new settlements often was Determined by Casting Lots."
#Allotment #Allots #Allotted #Allotter #Allottee #Alot #CrossLots #SandLot #Lotteries #Lottos #CastYourLotWithMe #DrawLots #CityLot (a "universal" unit of measure 25 feet wide by 100 feet deep)

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


well, I got off track; but I DID do some writing about it here.


Comments