Since 'Registered Trademark' Doesn't Necessarily Mean '#Explain #WhyTheyCallitThat,' I'll Find 'What Name-#Explanations I Can' and put them Here | @BuzzFeedNews | #Explains

I found a lot of them at the BuzzFeed article (linked through "Explain"), and I'll list them & any others I find below 'the Subscribe-bar'; but first ...

What I show here is 'the group of words' that give "that word" a place to connect to your vocabulary ... deeper sources that firm the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Explain” (like #Explaining #Explained) is built on ancient words that mean "to |Spread |Out ( |Ex-) |Flat."





The names 'we' (mostly 'folks I link-to') find so far:
  • 7-Eleven (previously U-Tote'm)
  • Adidas
  • Adobe
  • Amazon
  • AMC
  • Arby's
  • Arm & Hammer
  • Atari
  • AT&T
  • Audi
  • Bridgestone
  • Canon
  • Coca-Cola
  • ComCast
  • Conoco-Phillips
  • CVS
  • Duane Reade
  • eBay
  • Garmin
  • Geico
  • Hasbro
  • H & R Block
  • IBM
  • Ikea
  • Kia
  • LEGO
  • Mattel
  • Nabisco
  • Nikon
  • Nintendo
  • Nissan
  • Nokia
  • Pepsi
  • Qualcomm
  • QVC
  • Reebok
  • Saab
  • SEGA
  • Sharp
  • SONY
  • Sprint
  • Starbucks
  • Taco Bell
  • Verizon
  • Virgin
  • Vodapfone
  • Volkswagon

Comments