Does #TheBible Need an #Update (so it stays "True" in the face of the 'Witness' of Archaeology and Logic)? @prayerDotOrg @AndrewTebbe #Updating #Updated


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


I believe in יהוה (YHVH, Yahweh, God)

However, I'm fairly sure I don't 'understand' God enough to say "I know God exists." (So I'm "Theist" but "Agnostic.")
(That's–I guess–important to keep in mind.)

A friend of mine works at a hospital. I told her 'I know God gives your mind instruction for the best outcome.' She replied asking for some Bible-verses to encourage her co-workers and herself.

This brings up one of my biggest complaints against The Bible—one of the biggest contradictions ... we constantly refer to ourselves as "children of God," and people constantly 'retweet' memes about 'how God protects us and provides for us and performs the miracles we need'; but then one of the memory-verses that comes to my mind ...
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I felt as a child, I thought as a child: now that I am become a man, I have put away childish things. (First Corinthians 13:11)
So do we need to update The Bible so that we can quote it without 'speaking, feeling or thinking as children'? ... Maybe; or at least we can update our understanding of it.

'Update' (below-hyperlinked to a post about 'which version of The Bible is the best The Bible') is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Update” is built on ancient words that mean "|Up + |Date (the verb)"

'Updating our understanding of it' ... when 'aggressive atheists' (i.e. not just those "with no belief in God," but those "with an active disbelief in God and -in all things connected to God in believers minds") take The Bible literally & compare it with modern observation–e.g. when The Bible refers to The Earth's Four Corners, when we have witnesses confirming that The Earth has no corners; Jesus claims that His disciples can tell mountains to move, which I've never seen happen–

... and I reply to them, "When you learned to tie your shoes, did they teach you 'the rabbit-ears method' (where you arranged the laces into the shape of rabbit-ears)? Did you actually believe you had rabbit-heads on your feet?"





Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments