John @Mulaney & @Stephenathome @Colbertlateshow Reveal the True Purpose of Comedy: Stand-Ups' Method of Dealing with #Anxiety | #Anxious #Anxieties #Anxiously #HighAnxiety #Anxiousness

(fast-forward to 8:49 to hear Stephen Colbert's summary of 'the anxiety-revelation')

Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


'That word' (below-hyperlinked to CBS's 'Late Show with Stephen Colbert'-webpage) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Anxiety” is built on words that mean “Uneasy, Troubled in Mind (Tightened, Painfully Constricted)” (Pathological Condition of Psychiatry; Earnestly Desirous).

... analyzing the summary ...
I have gotten to a place where I don't want a lot from the audience other than to make them laugh and to make a connection that my internal anxieties–as I express them externally through the joke–when it makes them laugh, I have the sense of camaraderie & community that, 'I'm not crazy to feel this way' because they recognized it in somebody else. ... And–if some people don't like what I do–I don't like that, but it's not my problem.


Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments