#PalatalVelum #Velum (not #Vellum)


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


I got Vellum & Velum mixed up; maybe there are situations where you would spell 'the soft tissue at the back of the mouth' (the latter word) the same way as 'the prepared animal-skin' (the former), but I'm not planning to try and find out.

'Those words' (below-hyperlinked to a post about Throat-anatomy) are built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Velum” is built on words that mean "Sail, Awning, Curtain, Covering" (Veil ... "Vellum" is built on words that mean“Calf (the young cow, not the lower leg ... I don't think ...).”




Or am I looking at that wrong (or 'wrongly' 🤓)? Tell
 me how-wrong/right I am in the comments below 😁

Comments