#DowntownInDecember @DevonEnergy @SONICdrivein @BancFirstOK @BankRCB @RobinsonParkMGT @EmbarkOK @AmFidelity @InsUrica @Tinker @JonesPR @Fowler Auto @BankOfOklahoma @QuikPrintNW23 @OKC_Dodgers @AutoAlleyOKC @LifeShareOK @OKCStreetcar @_Bricktown @okGazette @Midtown_OKC @DowntownOKC @DevonIceRinkOKC #Downtown (Oklahoma City, 2019)

I'm starting this out as 'an announcement of upcoming events,' but I'll leave it here as 'journalism (notes about events that just happened)' ... before I change it to 'events that are coming up in 2020' (as Downtown in December has gone since 2002 (when Bricktown was just growing into full-bloom).

Subscribe FREE to be notified when I chisel out a little more 'journalism' here.


Downtown in December ... I wonder why they call the area "downtown"

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to the Downtown in December page) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Downtown” is built on words that mean “Into (Down to) the Town” (the original notion–quite literal–was of the way most cities were built, with residential suburbs on the heights surrounding the industrial-&-social valley).


Downtown in December (pardon me if there are any sponsors (mentioned in the post's title) I don't link to, but trust that they all (and many others) are mentioned in the 'Downtown'-link):



Or am I looking at that wrong (or 'wrongly' 🤓)? Tell
 me how-wrong/right I am in the comments below 😁

Comments