Sign @Bing & @SpecialOlympics' #Inclusion Pledge - I #ChooseToInclude - #Include #Including #Inclusive

The pledge (linked thru the 'built' word below) says:
I pledge to look for the lonely, the isolated, the left out, the challenged and the bullied.
I pledge to overcome the fear of difference and replace it with the power of inclusion.
I #ChooseToInclude.
Something crucial about the word below 'firms the foundation' upon which it- & our entire lexicon- stands ...

The word “Include” is built on ... odd, its foundation is “In + to Shut (Close),” as its original meaning was more like 'to Imprison or Confine (to a group).'




You know something about that word-history that
 I don't mention (and that probably isn't mentioned
 below)? 'Fill us in on it'- or just tell me what you
 think (or ask me about something in this- or another-
word that confuses you) with a comment below,

And Subscribe by Email to keep up with the new
 things we (any commenters & I) are learning & sharing here.

Comments