Our Addiction to #Convenience - Why I Gave Up on @ClubShopREAL (not @Amazon's Fault, but ...) | @BillMaher @TheWrap @GoogleChrome #Convenient #Inconvenient #Inconvenience #ConvenienceStore #Conveniences #Inconveniences #Conveniently

Bill Maher mentioned Amazon (and world's first 'trillionaire' (Chrome's SpellCheck doesn't recognize that as a word either) Jeff Bezos); he said
... "We would sell our soul for Convenience."

The word “Convenient” is built on ancient words that mean “With, Together (Con-) + to Go, Come” (probably the same root as "Convene" ... giving 'Convenient' a sense of "well, |Since Everybody's Already |Here ..." ... & Convent; maybe even |Convalescent, a word they use on the Donated Plasma of Donors who have Recovered from COVID-19).

I've been an Amazon Associate since ... it seems like it was 'back when Amazon started their "Associates"-program'---I haven't made any money off of it (maybe I've made a little, but it never paid my rent, -my utilities, -my cable bill and/or -my student-loans).

You'll notice that--whenever I mention a movie or a book or other common product you might want to purchase--I usually hyperlink it to 'Amazon's offer on the item.'

For some reason (curiosity? anxiousness to prove that AutoSurfTraffic is a valid traffic-source?) I almost joined ClubShop---an association that prospers from the discounts they offer on online-shopping). Amazon-offers are several of 'the shops' they offer; But ...

You can't get to their discounts unless you 'join their club & sign in & search out the specific store & hunt for the product & order & wait for delivery and ... I'm making that up---I didn't buy anything there, (so after 'sign-in & search out') I'm pretty much imagining the inconvenience.

And--while I'm not blaming Amazon--I would probably have stayed in ClubShop if I didn't have convenient access to Amazon-listings (that are almost-as-inexpensive ... and they offer lots of discounts (including their own discount/FREEBIE-club)).

... Reminds me of 'the main reason I'm still single'---I'm not convenient. 

That, and/or single gals aren't convenient-to-me---not their fault; just that I'm not 'where they are,' and they're not 'where I am' 

(or--the way it actually works--I don't go to the same places they go, where we would meet & get to know each other enough to ... to ... to---I dunno, distract each other's minds from the lethargy our bodies descend-into as they settle into old age?)

Why is it that The only way to meet someone is to 'be active & out-there with the hustle-&-bustle,' when we really-truly want to be with people to 'settle down with'? How do the out-there, hustle-&-bustle people go about 'settling down?' (I'm guessing they do it by 'distracting their partners-in-matrimony!)

Comments